The Dam Cottage offers a spacious and cosy sleeping area, ideal for couples.
Sleep unit only.
1 x King size bed or 2 x single beds. (Please indicate preference when booking.)
The unit has a small seating / reading area and a separate bathroom, with a shower, basin & toilet.
Closed circulation fireplace.
Free Wi-Fi access. No TV.
Coffee & tea offered, but no kitchenette.
Proximity to Oryx House & Waenhuis makes for an easy extension of numbers for group bookings.
- Rogge Brood Restaurant:
- The restaurant offers daily meals, but pre-booking of all meals is essential.
- Should you wish to enjoy breakfast or lunch at the restaurant, please make a booking 24 hours in advance.
- Bookings for supper need to be made by 2 pm daily, including the day of arrival.
- Electricity Supply:
- Rogge Cloof proudly operates on solar power, completely off-the-national grid.
- As a result, the electrical supply system does not accommodate appliances such as microwave ovens, hair dryers, coffee makers, or electric kettles, which operate with electrical elements.
- The Dam Cottage has an electric fridge.
- There is a power socket for recharging phones and laptops.
- There is no underfloor heating, electric heaters, or electric blankets in the unit; however, the unit is cosy and warm, with sufficient thick blankets, hot water bottles and an indoor closed circulation fireplace, for which a daily supply of wood is provided for the duration of stay.
- Additional wood for braai, or heating purposes, may be purchased from Reception.
- If required, a gas heater, plus 9 kg gas canister, may be rented at R250.00.
- Gas canister refills are available at R250.00 per full canister.
- Accessing Rogge Cloof Accommodation:
- The Dam Cottage is situated within the Rogge Cloof Village.
- The Village is 11 km away from the Rogge Cloof Reception and Restaurant area.
- This allows for a leisurely self-game-drive through the reserve, on the way to the unit.
- Roads are gravel, but have been upgraded and are accessible by sedan vehicle.
- SUV or 4x4 Vehicles will allow guests the opportunity to explore the reserve area more comfortably on their own.
|2018 - 2019 Adult Rates||01 Sep 2018 - 28 Feb 2019|
|R850.00||Per Person Sharing||Per Night|
Single Adult Rate R1200.00
|2019 - 2020 Adult Rates||01 Mar 2019 - 29 Feb 2020|
|R910.00||Per Person Sharing||Per Night|
Single Adult Rate R1300.00